Countries i will visit on my journey

Countries i will visit on my journey

Flags of all countries

Flags of all countries

Saturday 14 November 2015

On the Perhentian islands

Once arrived in Malaysia I spent some boring days in Penang on the west coast. I had to cure because I was still a little bit ill. But the haze from the currently burning jungle on Sumatra (Indonesia) made it even worse. So I packed my stuff and took a night bus to the east coast of Malaysia.
From Kuala Besut I took a boat to the Perhentian islands. Known as a paradise for scuba diving and snorkeling and also good for just relaxing, these two islands are just 30min away from the mainland
by boat.

Found a cheap place to stay where I could pitch up my tent. Actually it was in the garden of a Malaysian guy who rents bungalows. He calls himself "Sunny" and is a very friendly and nice guy!
The first day on the island I did pretty much nothing but lying on the beach while reading a book...
 
On the next day I went for a snorkeling tour together with three local girls. The weather on that day was sunny and very hot. We were on one of this fu^^ing small fisher-boats without a roof to protect us against the burning sun. So we got grilled during the day and at the end of the day my back and face had changed the colour to a darkish red.
But the snorkeling was nice, went to turtle-bay and shark-bay and a few other bays. Guess what we saw: Yes!! Sea-turtles and sharks (small one of course, maybe 2m long) and of course lots of fishes.
Even saw lots of Nemos in their Amnemo..., ähhmm Amnemon..., no wait Amnemonemomne..? :-)


Another day I rented a Kayak to paddle around the island. But after 1hour paddling the sun burned through the morning clouds and it got super hot. So I headed to the next beach to find some shadow under trees close to the shore.
The beach was very nice and  remote, nobody there except me. Spent there 3 hours and had enough time to think about my next steps on my trip around the world and a few other things... :-)
Later that day Sunny told me it was the Adam-&-Eva-beach I stayed at. Well, I was there but unfortunately I could not find my "Eva"... :-)

On the other days I was really lazy. Chilled at the beach, read a book, went for a swim and drank lots of coconuts.
After 5 days in paradise I left the Perhentians and went back to the mainland to start my really crazy bicycling-trip to Singapore along the east coast of Malaysia... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment